Monday, February 26, 2007

A Tribute to Jennie Wee



Take Me Home
(dedicated to Jennie Wee Cheng Hwee by Fr Chris)
by David Haas

Take me home to your dwelling place,
In your sweet embrace,
Ready to hold me in your arms
Take me home to your loving eyes,
With you alone I’ll rise, singing forever
In your arms, take me home

O my God, you’ve led me through it all,
through all the hurt and my shame
O my God, I have traveled far to meet you
To see your face and call upon your name!

With you all pain is left behind,
No sorrow or death on that day.
O my God, how I’ve longed to know your love.
Come wipe my tears and take my fear away!

O my God, the road is long and hard.
Open your heart, come to me.
God, with you, my sorrow turns to dancing.
Reach out your hand and set my spirit free!



~blessing by Fr Aloysius~



~ Mass Celebration by Fr Chris ~



~ Incensed by Fr O.C Lim ~



~ Final Journey Home ~

Last Saturday, family members and friends of Jennie Wee bid their final adieu to her at St Francis Xavier Church. The KLCC students came together to form a choir to honor a person who Fr Chris, our beloved campus ministry chaplain, loves very much that we gave it our all to make it successful even though we just learned the songs on the day itself. Thank God we managed .

Bidding adieu to someone who you do not know is something easy but listening to the homily given by Fr Chris, it's hard to ignore what a remarkable lady his sister was and a regret was born. A regret not having known her when she was still alive. A whole new world could have opened up to those who listens. However so, knowing that a person like her has came to this world and touched the people around her, I am glad that there is still a lot of good that is still going on in this life.

(Pics courtesy of Fr Chris)

No comments: