Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Food for Thought

When I was younger, I used to wonder about the people around me. Why were there poverty and also the special treatment that my parents used to talk about. Why were there also people who work so hard just to get what they want. I was a child then, so forgive my wondering and questioning mind. I recall very vividly that my aunt called me a cross breed between a television and a radio! Why so, you will ask.. Well... It's because I talk too much. I had too many things to talk about; hence the many questions and things I talk about.

As I grew up, I was caught in the politics of being in a uniformed body. I was a St. John member then back in my school. I noticed that only those who are close to the out going president are the people who usually rose in ranks. I did try it and actually, it proved my theory right. It did happen and I recall vividly that my commander in the marching troop mentioned to me that I am the kind of person who can raise in ranks just because of the connection. Sorry to say I am not like that but more or less, testing my theory which proved correct. More or less, I think I enjoyed myself a lot and gained a lot in the process and also played the role of answering to the officers when things go wrong in school activities or when we fail to be active in the Area. The thing is, we are students and we gotta focus on our studies, hence we can't afford to be very active. Yeaps... Others can do, so why not you people?? Lemme tell you this. We do try our best but we just can't and our teacher advisers wanted us to focus more on our studies as well.

Now, I am a University student who has a mind of her own. Thanks to the experiences that I have gained via National Service; yup, I was one of the lucky people who were chosen for it and was the first of the first, the guinea pigs as they label us but I beg to differ. The trainers in charge knows what they are doing and I sadly miss those days. Besides that, I had my experiences as an exco in a uniformed body, learning from my peers as well as learning from my surroundings and also not to mention in my own private life.

In my heart, I wonder what is right in the world now. Everywhere I see, there are politics all around me. Sometimes in playing with those politics, we hurt our own friends around us. Are you sure that is what you want??? I have hurt my friends before and I really rue it. The thing about joining the society in the University is because you want your resume to look good. Why look for a good resume when you are hurting your friends??? I'd rather not. Call me what you want but I believe in my own words.

I might not even want to go out and work, but my mom will kill me, I guess, I wanna work for the better good of the people and also the better of the world. People say, start small, okay.. I will and I make it good. Is this maybe the kind of stuff I should be doing instead of getting an office job??

No comments: