Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Working towards International Committee 2007

Heyaz!!! I have been busy helping my friends with the International Committee 2007 event which will be held next week. International Committee 2007 or IC 2007 is an event that platform where IMCS members from all over the world come together for a formation session on “Empowering Student Action for Dialogue and Peace” and also to evaluate, discuss and plan IMCS direction in the next 4 years through the statutory session. This event is held once every 4 years and brings together 80 students from all over the world to sit down, think and discuss on what is going on in the world.

Things have been crazy but interesting and stressful but fun. Working in a team to actually design stuff is pretty stressful partially because you gotta try to comply to what other people want. It is no longer a "Lone Ranger" task anymore but a case of "Too Many Cook that Spoils the Broth"! So, I gotta be there on hand to stop the broth from being spoiled for the design part! In a way, it was fun because you can see the ideas streaming non stop. Some funny, some silly, some out of the world but they were good ideas but we just don't have the resources to make it happen. This blog entry is about what happened last Friday and dedicated to the people who have been busily involved in the event. Cheers!! You people rock!!

On Friday, Addy and Anne went to meet a friend of theirs who was a former IMCS-AP team member, while Mr L and I were assigned to work on some stuff in the office and also to check out La Salle Hall rooms in case we need to rent them for the volunteers or the people who are coming in early. These are the pictures of the room that I took that day.



~This is the room~

A nice and simple room. I have to admit, if given a choice, I'd rather stay there for all times! Heheh... There is an attached bathroom too but THIS is the thing that puts me off!! The bathroom is situated OUTSIDE the room in the BALCONY! I'm like... Oh my God... I wanna shower and I gotta face the people out there??? No WAY !!!!!!! Talk about the lack of privacy, man!! Hahahaha.....



~The balcony with the toilet next to it~

After going there, Mr L and I head off to office to work on the stuffs that Addy has assigned to us to do. Now, this was when things became a bit horrible. I was given a list of things to do and there were calls to make and stuff. To make things work faster, I wrote a list of things for Mr L to help me out to call as he seemed pretty free to me, as he was playing games on his laptop. To my utter shock, what he did??? He took the paper of task and just put it aside and just continued playing game. Okay.... if that is what he wanna do, so be it. I just did what I had to do. I made the calls, while what he did?? Sleep and play games.... At times, I was mad enough to kick him out of office but I don't have such right, so be it. God is fair all the time, so in His own time we will see justice done :)

That night when Addy and Anne came back, we went to Pan Cafe for a drink and also to meet up with Stefan from Penang Coordinating Council. After that, we left for Kajang Satay and also to drop Elizabeth off. Not only that, we also picked up Adrian's clean clothes. Heheheh... Here are some pictures from the Satay Kajang place....



~Leo and Addy at Hj Samuri's Satay Kajang~



~Addy and Anne at Hj Samuri's Satay Kajang~



~Leo, Addy and Anne~



~Eli and Alvin with me (the one with the cap)~

After that, we went back to Paulina's place to continue with our work and also to rest. There are other happenings also after that but I will save that for another post. Till then, cheerio and take care!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too bad i can't be there .. damn .. maybe next time .. he he he